To ensure project success, contractors must be able to provide accurate and professional estimates of costing and materials. The Introduction to Construction Estimating course will provide learners with skills and knowledge related to estimating practices, and help them understand the importance of estimates as one of the key first steps in any construction job. The lesson modules cover a wide range of topics, with interactive activities based on real-life field situations to help reinforce the lessons.
For people working in estimating or for any individual who wants to become an estimator.
Gain the knowledge and skills required to visualize the scope and magnitude of a construction project and produce accurate and reliable estimates.
Course work includes reviewing drawings through various phases of a project with the aim of determining the quantity and type of materials required for the project.
- Have a good understanding of estimating practices.
- Know site-specific conditions and regulatory requirements.
- Know how to handle purchasing and logistics, and how to manage materials on site.
- Organize cost data in a clear and logical manner.
- Be able to manage historical information related to costs and know how and when to update
- Know how to assemble bids and meet bid closure deadlines.
- Provide on-site solutions to work-related problems in relation to equipment and material placement.
This course uses interactive elements, scenarios, videos, and quizzes to reinforce learning.
Canadian Construction Association: 2 Credits